At ECR we pride ourselves on our expertise in rail-specific Point of Sale solutions. Since 2005, we have designed, developed and installed systems onboard trains and have become leaders in this field.
Today we provide rail-specific RailPoS systems to TOCs throughout the UK, Ireland, Austria and across mainland Europe, and have installed onboard GWR, Irish Rail, LNER (formerly Virgin Trains East Coast), ÖBB (Austria), East Midlands Trains, Grand Central, Transpennine Express, Northern Irish Railways, SNCF, to name but a few.
We truly understand the intricacies of delivering specific stock to the correct train and stock location onboard, at the correct time and place, as well as the challenges surrounding the onboard sales operation as a whole.
RailPoS is entirely designed and developed in-house at ECR. From intuitive, at-a-glance sales screens, to simple ordering and stock management, it facilitates the crew role at every stage. We know how vital it is to maintain accurate stock data at every transfer point, and every sale, wastage and stock movement throughout the cycle of each and every train.
We work with logistics suppliers, integrating with third-party systems, using live departure data, crew schedules, and all relevant data that drives your business, to deliver a smooth running solution. The end result – closing any gaps in the stock and cash management process, total visibility over onboard operations and, of course, happy and satisfied customers and crews!
Your back office will present users with a clear view covering everything from stock, products, deliveries, sales and crew users, to estate management, cashiers’ functionality, messaging, menu and pricing, and of course, reporting.
Passengers can enjoy the ECR at-seat app, either to place orders directly for delivery or collection, or simply to browse the menu.
The perfect partner to the solution is the ECR Go2 all-in-one handheld device. Fully contactless-enabled, it can take all payment types, is fully PCI and EMV levels 1 and 2 certified, and is in use today across the globe.
- Clear and easy to manage user selling screens
- Straightforward advance planning and monitoring of menus & product mix
- ” Train-side handshake ” – timed and recorded train-by-train delivery
- Full data capture in First, Standard and at-seat
- Flexibility to reflect different operations onboard, e.g. at-seat restaurant dining (as with Pullman restaurant on GWR), free-issues in First Class, loyalty rewards in standard class…
- All payment types including contactless, mobile wallet and cashless payment
- Full and part LOB/FOB options
- Equipment and temperature checks, prompts, and logs
- Supports loyalty schemes
- Sales promotion functionality and upselling prompting
- Supports future innovations (e.g. Advanced ordering, virtual range / live shopping on-board
- Support for delivery of hot food to seat
- Dashboard data for real time results management